Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Woman arrested with 686 grammes of cocaine in her private part

A 36-year old food vendor, Chinelo Okorom Lynnette yesterday excreted 685 grammes of cocaine concealed in her vagina at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport after she was suspected and questioned by members of NDLEA during the inward screening of passengers on an Ethiopian airline flight from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Nigeria.

She said she was introduced to the business when she could no longer take care of her four children which her husband abandoned with her and she was forcefully ejected from the house they lived.

Narrating how she started the business, Chinelo said after her landlord forcefully ejected her, she had nowhere to go and was crying like a baby when a man who came to console her promised to introduce her to importation business.

"When my rent expired, I had no money to renew it. My landlord:ejected us and I had nowhere to go with the children or who to talk to. I was crying like a baby when a man came to console me.

"He told me to wipe my tears and promised to introduce me to importation business. I felt he was God-sent when he sponsored my trip to Addis Ababa. Before leaving, he said I was to go into importation of female hand bags.

"But when I got to Ethiopia, he told me to take cocaine to Nigeria. Initially, I disagreed but he threatened to recover his investment at all cost. I am just a victim of man's cruelty to man."

Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, said the arrest was made following the eagle-eye operatives at the airport, as a result of different antics used by drug traffickers.

He noted: "Going to Addis Ababa to smuggle cocaine into Nigeria is one of the tricks employed by drug trafficking syndicates. Cocaine is not known to come from Addis but we were able to detect it because of our vigilance. We are prepared to counter activities of drug kingpins and bring them to justice. We look forward to fruitful progress in our investigation."

He, therefore, advised members of'the public to be cautious of the tricks by drug syndicates, adding that the suspect's action is shameful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we don't talk about our celebs, who will? Share your thoughts by commenting.